Wednesday, August 26

The Prayer Part 3 (Forgiven and Loved)

So here I am in my prayer. I would guess that 3 minutes have gone by as I am thinking in my head and aloud with God as my witness and conversation partner. I am wondering if enough is ever enough with him and then I decide that I am the chief of sinners. Then the next song on my Zune comes on while on shuffle.

In the middle of my thinking, with no conclusion in sight, with no real word from God just yet the first words of the song are "I am forgiven and loved."

Now, call this coincidence if you want to. And maybe it is. But it doesn't mean that the words aren't true. And for that to come on in the middle of my prayer like that was just great timing.

I am forgiven and loved by my Father and Creator in Heaven who chose to send Himself down to earth to teach me and to die for me. There is NOTHING I could do once or even a million times to reach a point where God will turn His back on me because I am forgiven and loved. No matter what - I am forgiven and loved.

Know today that you don't deserve it. Not a single one of us does. If we all were willing to go into an interrogation room with God and have Him point out everything we have ever done wrong, I truly believe that we would all come out of that room saying, "I am the chief of sinners." All of us have sinned and all of us have hidden that sin from others and even from ourselves. But God knows what we really think and what we really do and what we would really do if we could.

You are forgiven and loved.

No comments: