Friday, August 21

Are You in Love? pt 3 of 3

Now here's the biggest kicker. Remember in the first post of this series I said don't overanalyze yourself?

Again, the five criteria to measure our love - dependence, submission, endurance, love, and obedience.

I'm gonna keep this one really short and sweet. Don't measure yourself to others. Don't measure yourself against a mentor. Don't measure yourself against what is preached. Don't measure yourself against how good you think you could do? (Bear with me through the next two questions until I finish the thought.) Don't even compare yourself against the Bible or against Jesus. Compare yourself against what God is asking of you now.

OK, the reason I say this is not to say that the Bible and Jesus are bad things to compare yourself to. I say in that if I look at everything the Bible says right now and I look at how Jesus lived his life I get overwhelmed. The truth is we need to look at those things that God is pointing out to us from the Bible, from the life of Jesus, and what He is asking/telling us to do now.

So when looking at obedience, dependence, submission, endurance, and love and what God is asking of you now - how much are you listening and following Him?

No comments: