Thursday, August 6

Past, Present, Future

I guess it's safe to say that there are three different times in our lives - past, present, and future. And that brings me to a philisophical question...

Is it better to live in the past, the present, or the future?

In the last post I discussed how I love to dream. Honestly, I love to look into the future to see what could be ahead of me. In the future my life can be so perfect and amazing. I love to think about that. And I still have 1/3 of my life ahead of me. My best days are in the next 30. I will peak in my career in the next 20-30 years. How can I not look into my future and be excited about my life?

Then there's my past. Some bad and a lot of good. Most of the things that I have done in my life have been so fun and so excited. I definitely have regrets and there are definitely some things I have done that have had negative influences on my life. But for the most part my past has been great. If in the future my best career and family days are in front of me I think my best social/fun days are behind me. College was good to me. High school wasn't too shabby either. I can go on for days with stories of my past.

Then there's my present. My present kinda sucks. Actually it definitely sucks. I love my roommate and that's about it. I hate my job. I love where I live, but I would give anything to be in the career I want to be in. But at the same time I am in the present. So how come I have to live in the only time era I don't want to be in? How can I change this? Is it possible to love my present right now?

What about all of you - would you rather be in your past, present, or your future?
Any advice on how to love my present more?
Any advice at all?

No comments: