Monday, August 24

The Prayer Part 1 (Is Enough Ever Enough?)

There are a few things about God that I cannot possibly wrap my mind around. One of these is the concept of the Trinity. Though I have taught about it, though I have tried to explain it, and even though I understand it on paper my mind cannot and will not ever be able to completely understand this concept. I mean three separate beings yet one? Yeah, makes no sense. But that's not what this post is about.

Another thing that I cannot possibly comprehend about God is his ability to be compassionate yet seek justice and be just Himself. So when I sin what does God really think? Is He up there just like "That's OK, Matt. These things happen. Just remember that you are still moving forward." Or is He up there looking down on me saying "Matt, how many times do you have to sin like this? You keep messing up, you keep disobeying me and one day you will suffer the consequences!" Or is he like "Matt, even though you sin my grace is sufficient for you and I forgive you." What is He really saying, or is He just saying all of those things at once? 

This brings me to my real question and the next couple posts are kind of linked to this though in a way. Does God have a breaking point?

Does God have a point where we have just disobeyed Him too much for too long where He just says "Enough is enough?" I asked myself this question and I asked God this question. So as I'm praying this and just conversing with God about it He just reminded me that my grace is sufficient and that His compassion never ends. 

As I stood there trying to wrap my mind around this I began to cry. No one can make me cry like God can. I love it when I cry because of whatever it is God tells me or reassures me of or even convicts me of. There just is nothing like it. So here I am being convicted of some of my sin and wondering what is wrong with me and how God can even love me. I tried to understand His love for me. 

Is enough ever enough with God? I think the answer is twofold. It's a loud no with a resounding yes. While we are alive and kicking the answer is no. God will always forgive us no matter of what we have done. Yet, there is a no. When the day comes in which we face eternity whether through death or the Rapture - there is a judgment day.

Read on tomorrow to see where else this prayer leads.

No comments: