Sunday, August 16

No Big Deal

So, I hate my job. I've been over that before right?

It's not so much the job itself. It's not because of what I have to do, or my hours, or the people, or anything like that. What I hate about my job is above and beyond all that. Most of the people I work with just want to make money, but that's not really my motivation.

The truth is...I want to change the world.

Yeah, yeah I know. Most of you have been there and done that. I'm sorry I'm a little late in the game.

I don't know that I'll ever change the world like Billy Graham or Mother Theresa have. I don't know that I'll change the world like Martin Luther King Jr. or any of our world leaders have. But I want to be a significant influence in people's lives.

I want to change the world.

Recently, I posted about a "dream" I had. Well, I'm still holding onto that dream quite a bit. We'll see how long this "dream" lasts. If it's still around in a few years I will definitely not ignore it. (My dreams, due to my windiness, are constantly changing so I know it something sticks around for a while then it's not me.) 

See, I'm not content doing something just to make money. I'm not content to work a 9-5. I'm not content to only work a few hours a day like I am now. I want something more. I want to do something that impassions me and overtakes my life. I will not be happy or even satisfied until this happens. 

God created me to influence people. And that's what I want to do - influence people. Until I am in a place where that is happening more I cannot and will not be satisfied. I truly believe that God has huge things for me. Bigger than I can even imagine right now. Stuff that is so much bigger than just me.

I don't know if I'm the only one like this or we are a rare and unlucky breed.
Anyone else out there like me?
Anyone else not like me at all?

No comments: