Monday, August 3

The Jonah Theory Continues

At the reunion I won the award for the Best Participant. As my uncle announced he told everyone that I participated in basically everything I could have. Then he mentioned that I lost everything too. He made fun of us for losing people from our raft. He made fun of me for losing in darts to my aunt. He made fun of my golf game.

I have to wonder about this Jonah thing again. 

I don't normally lose chronically. I'm not a loser. But lately I have been. In the story of Jonah everyone on the boat had the fear of falling out and/or being shipwrecked. I lost 3 out of my boat. I lost at all kinds of things I don't normally lose at. It's one thing if I'm losing in things I don't expect to win or if I'm losing to someone that is amazing at what they do. But I lost to my aunt in darts. Should not have happened. And I lost 3 out of my raft. I'm just not OK with that however funny it was and even though I laughed hysterically.

What do you think about this Jonah theory?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Matt,
I read all of your blog. My only prayer is that you become the man of God that He has called you to be. I see Him working that out now. It is difficult but you will make it if you continue to seek Him. I am proud of you. I see some positive changes all ready. Keep it up.
Kelly