Saturday, August 8

Love for the Word

In the last few weeks I have developed a new love for the Word of God. I have come to a place where I love to read the Bible and I just can't get enough of it. I have been reading a variety of New Testament books - The Corinthians and the Gospels mainly - and I just fallen in love with it all over again.

I have thoroughly enjoyed trying to figure out Jesus more. You know, we have the classic WWJD bracelets that became a huge hit and have been made fun of a lot as well. Well, What Would Jesus really Do? I think that is the real question. Too many of us can't really answer that question. Going through the Gospels and seeing how Jesus really acted and what He really did is amazing.

I love reading all of the epistles too. All of Paul's writings, James, Hebrews, the Peters, and the Johns. But when you cannot really understand what Jesus is really like in the first place and you cannot really know what Jesus did then these epistles are nearly pointless. 

Anyway, I am loving the Bible right now and I am changing some of my opinions and even theologies some because of it. Now, I'm not one to get too big into theology but I do think that we all have to have a base in it. And so right now I am making my theological foundation more accurate and firm. I love God and I love His Word. It's fun just to be able to say that.

What are you reading now?
How much are you enjoying the Word?

No comments: