Saturday, August 29

The Lost Disicpline

You know you thought about not opening this up, didn't you? You weren't gonna read for fear of feeling convicted. Discipline is just simply a word we don't like to hear. Discipline means we have to tell ourselves no and that's just not fun.

Fasting is one of those disciplines. So why is it we don't fast? Can we not trust God that if we are disciplined in the form of regular fasting that we're gonna miss out on something.

I bring this up because I recently decided to start fasting again. I say again because generally speaking I would fast once a week when I was a pastor. That wasn't every week and there were a lot of times I broke my fast when I shouldn't have but I still probably fasted more than I didn't.

So I recently decided to start fasting again. I was then reminded of the benefits of fasting. I'll list them for you.

1) Obey God. (Can't go wrong with that)
2) Become more disciplined. (Hmmmm...)
3) Lose weight. (Yay!!!!!)
4) Hear from God. (Hence the last like 10 posts that were all written in one sitting (I love the word hence and I love that I am now using double parentheses.))
5) Getting closer to God (Nothing clever to add to this one - guess I should fast more)
6) Purity and holiness are closer to being achieved
7) Spit in the Devil's face!!!!!!

What do you think of my awesome list? Add something or just comment. No one ever comments and it makes me sad. I just want to know 3 people are reading. That would be sweet. And yes, I am begging for comments and, yes, I am pathetic.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Once you begin a house company, you have to take into account regardless of whether you wish to bring the obligations of every part of the business or if you would like to employ outside help, to manage points. You might like to hire an accountant to hold the publications to your enterprise, so you do not find that you are making several blunders arrive taxes time. [url=http://www.ss12w12ws.info]Dividfr5y4en[/url]