Thursday, August 20

Are You in Love? pt 1 of 3

How in love with Jesus are you?

Tough question. Brings up some tough answers sometimes too. I think that there is a danger sometimes in asking this question because if you are like me at all, you overanalyze this question far too much. Maybe you get too nitpicky about all the little things and forget about the broad outlook instead.

But I still want you to try to answer the question. How in love with Jesus are you? If you are having a hard time qualifying your answer let me get you some help on this one.

I heard a sermon recently that didn't try to answer this specific question but did throw out a few qualifying factors for it. The sermon talked about Jesus as the vine and how Jesus wants to prune us, basically. In the process we have to recognize that Jesus is the vine and we are the branch and He will do what's necessary for us to go an produce good fruit. There were two aspects to this - 1) The Nature of our relationship with Jesus - 2) The Fruit of our relationship with Jesus.

The Nature of our relationship with Jesus
1) Dependent
2) Submission
3) Enduring

The Fruit of our Relationship with Jesus
1) Love
2) Obedience

Tomorrow I will go into this some more but let me ask again - How in love with Jesus are you? Feel free to leave some comments! :)

No comments: