Thursday, July 30

Where's the Boat?

Ever feel like Jonah? That's exactly how I feel right now. I used to feel that God blessed me everywhere I went. It was almost like everything that I touched turned to gold. But now? Now I feel like everything I touch or become involved with just goes counter-clockwise down the ceramic bowl. 

Everything that I used to be good at is now more than a struggle. I don't get it. I'm not used to this. I know that I've posted about this before but you are lucky enough to get even more of this ranting now.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not upset. I'm amazed at the patience that I'm learning. And I don't think that I have disobeyed God in a way that is a precursor to being in a boat like Jonah. I mean surely I've disobeyed God lately, but I don't think I am being "punished" or even "awakened" by God so that I will do what His will does ask. 

I think more or less this is just God taking a certain level of protection off of me. But I know that the protection and the blessing that only God can give is still around...it just looks differently now and it just is being done/shown in a different way.

What do you think? Am I way off? Is this something God does?

No comments: