Saturday, July 25

The Flashlight

Remember the cave analogy? I said I felt like I was in a cave and the entrance was sealed off. I know that there is an exit somewhere but I don't have a map or any guidance at all. It's pitch black and I can't see where I'm going and I don't even have a flashlight. Well, my flashlight finally came. 

Without going into details on why I'm in this situation in the first place (I just don't feel that it's necessary) I will mention that there is a process I have to go through. The beginning of that process took a while but it finally came to a place where I was meeting "the guy" for me. This is the guy that finally gave me my "flashlight." He gave me some hope in which I could see a bit of where I am going. I now can see a little bit in front of me. I still don't know where the exit of the cave is, but at least there is some light in the darkness.

In due time, just a few weeks I hope, I will even be given a partial map. Knowing what lies ahead of me and knowing what are some things to expect will be a tremendous help. This is the day that I at least know where the flashlight is and can soon enough take hold of it.

Does this make any sense to any of you? Anything like this ever happen to you? Ever feel a moment that you know will be very significant for your future?

No comments: