Friday, July 24

Hope for the Hopeless

Then came Monday. And eventually the weekend and the weekend after that. But in this post, let's just focus on Monday.

My alone time is coming to a close. My roommate Jered comes back from California on Tuesday. A huge catalyst for my horrible weekend actually came down to my job. Let's rewind from Monday for a bit. I have been trained, groomed, and gifted for ministry. I can't work in "ministry" any more so where do I work? And in the middle of a recession! I couldn't get a job anywhere and I was amazed. Finally I got a job selling Dish Network and DirecTV door to door. I'm not a very good salesman. So the catalyst for my tough weekend was that I was failing at my job.

So finally on Monday I decided to call someone and share my frustrations and probably even some tears. So I called a close friend of mine, Bill. Bill and I talked for a bit and then I just stopped him and told him what was going on with me. I shed some tears and I told him about how hopeless I felt. Never in my life have I felt hopeless. This was definitely a first for that. So my friend got to the bottom of my issues as we talked. He tried to give me some hope and it worked as well as it could. I write this blog two weeks after that conversation and I cannot you with certainty that this was the conversation that turned myself around, but I can tell you it gave me enough hope to cling to as I pursued the rest of my life.

When have to felt hopeless in life? What was it like? What finally gave you the first bit of hope?

No comments: