Saturday, July 25

Hurricane Break Me (part deux)

After I finished this piece yesterday (despite the fact that it was by far the largest blog I've written in a long time) I realized I still had plenty more to say on the subject.

I used a few lyrics from a few songs yesterday and while that's all fine and dandy, but I felt the need to show how Scriptural this is. See, God has this crazy idea that He's King and He's in charge. Following the King theory...that makes us his subjects. Now, are you going to be a loyal one, a disobedient one, a willing one, or are you going to run away to another kingdom?

I must admit I don't normally think of God quite like this and I'm not sure if we are even supposed to or not. I'll think about that at another time.

Anyway...God, Kingdom, us, subjects. He wants to be in charge. He wants to call the shots. He wants to be the navigator. As long as He is not in charge or the Navigator than we are. That means we aren't living a life that He created us to live. And since He created us that way, that is when we are happiest and the most fruitful.

In the Bible - I know, I know, I probably shouldn't throw out Scripture - He countlessly refers to himself as King. In John 10, Jesus refers to Himself as the Shepherd and we are the sheep. And in a couple different places He tells us to follow His lead.

Mark 8:34-37 HCSB "If anyone wants to be My follower, he must deny himself, take up his cross, and follow Me. For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life because of Me and the gospel will save it. For what does it benefit a man to gain the whole world yet lose his life? What can a man give in exchange for his life?

God wants us broken to His will and to His purpose. After reading that passage can there really be any questions?

P.S. For those Christians out there reading this I urge you to take this at face value, don't dig too deep. I have done that and I think it caused me more harm than good. God is the God of steps. Only do the step that He is requiring of you.

No comments: