Monday, June 30

Truth in Entertainment (Happyness)

I love media, for the most part. I love entertainment. I just love to be entertained. But the best part of entertainment is the raw emotion and thoughts and life direction it can send you in. This week, I want to share with you some of the truth in entertainment that has motivated me recently.

"The Pursuit of Happyness" is a wonderful movie and a wonderful story. While I could spend a lot of time on the movie and the different aspects, I want to spend time on just one line. At one point Chris Gardner (played by Will Smith) says that at that moment he knew what happiness was. This happened at the end of the movie when he finally accomplishes all of his goals.

He was chosen out of the many interns to become a full-time employee as a stock broker with Dean Whitter. Then he walks about the building and begins to clap and the voiceover says that he finally realized happiness. This inspires me to ask a question:

When do feel you last experienced true happiness, or joy?

What is the thing in life, in your job, in your career, in your family that really brings out happiness? I can't imagine going through life without having moments of true happiness. But I also don't think we can always live in true happiness. I think it only comes in slight moments. The reason I say this is because if we always had true happiness, we would no longer have it because we would take it for granted.

This post is nothing special other than true reflect and find out what really makes us happy. Maybe, if there is little of it, it is time for a change with something. Maybe different aspects of your job or life need more focus because of the joy it brings. Also, we need to know (as in the case of Chris Gardner) maybe we just need to put more effort into the pursuit part of happiness.

What makes you truly happy?

No comments: