Friday, June 27

Rebelliousness (5 of 5)

The final question/instruction of my painful learning.

Where is your heart?

If your heart has bitterness, anger, or rebellion (for rebellion's sake) then you need to check that attitude. Again, the first day I wrote this blog on rebelliousness, my heart was not right. I still think some truth came out of what was said, but we always want to rebel against others. A common factor in all of that rebellion is selfishness. We want what we want when we want it and nobody can tell us different or make us do different.

Whatever. It is that attitude in me that needs to change. I need to grow up. I claim to be a young adult, but I rarely act out the adult part of that statement. I want to be a little kid again when it was all about me. Now, I need to realize that it's not all about me, it's all about Jesus and I need to do whatever needs to be done to keep it that way.

And the authority that is placed over me was placed there by Jesus. So even if I think I am doing something that's right or fine but it's different from others in authority over me, then I am not doing what Jesus wants. There may be a conversation that can take place in order to find the proper balance, but I need to do what Jesus wants and he rarely wants me to rebel against others.

Unless it's a way of life. Sin. Evil. Etc. Those things do need to be rebelled against. So where is your heart in this whole scheme of things? I hope that your heart, mind, soul, and attitude is with Jesus and bringing Him all of the glory!

No comments: