Wednesday, September 30

Expectation (cont)

"What does God expect from you?"

That was the question of the day yesterday. Now for the background to the question and the ongoing debate that has ensued since then.

I was in a conversation with my dear friend William Claeys. In the midst of the conversation he asked me the question, "What does God expect from you?" I continued to, then, take a deep breath as I thought of all of God's huge expectations that I felt He had for me.

I began to respond to William with all of these thoughts, dreams, ideas, "callings," etc. when he interrupted me and gave me the answer. Nothing.

William went on to say that God does not expect anything from us. I'm gonna stop right there and get your comments on this one. I'd love to get a great discussion going. William, if you read this then you are more than welcome to join/start the discussion yourself.

So, what do you think. "What does God expect from you?"

No comments: