Thursday, September 10

Weak Christianity

I believe that today our biggest problem in the church is simply this: weak Christianity.

"The biggest cause of athiesm in the world today is Christians who acknowledge with their lips but not with their lives." Kinda sorta quote from DC Talk's "What If I Stumble?"

I've said it before and I'll say it again now. One of the subjects in life that I will always get extremely fiery about revolves around weak Christianity. I am one of those people some times. That's what makes me even more fiery. 

I think it is a shame that we see so many Christians that know so little or, more importantly, pray so little. We serve an all-powerful God who wants to help. All we have to do is ask. So why don't we. We serve all all-powerful God so why don't we act like it? Too many Christians walk around with their head down, scared, confused, powerless, hopeless, and helpless. Just walk into some of our churches in American and look around. Have a few conversations.

Now, I'm not saying churches are bad or that all churches are like this. But some are. We are called to be the light of the world right? But we are too afraid to let our light shine. We are too afraid that someone else might find out. 

I'm not talking about hyperspirituality. I'm talking about weak living. I'm talking about not living like Christ. I'm talking about a lack of understand and boldness.

We have stopped asking and praying and expecting the impossible. Instead we stick with the comfortable and with what's been done before.
So, for the next few posts I want to talk about weak Christianity.

Admittedly, this is a bit biased and may not be the most objective, or even theological set of posts. Feel free to leave your comments. I guess you can say its iron sharpening iron via the internet.

Here are the posts that will be coming up.

Weak Christianity
1) Weak Prayer
2) Weak Living
3) Weak Faith

Weak Leadership
1) Weak Challenges
2) Weak Expectations
3) Weak Teaching

No comments: