Thursday, October 1

Another Barrier Torn Down

In this crazy hard transition of my life I feel blessed. I recently told someone that I thank God every day that He took advantage of this situation. I feel blessed to be exposed and broken. Because of that true thanks toward God I pray that others would come to the same conclusion that I am now, no matter what it takes. If it takes God's exposure and His breaking you to get you to this place, then that's my prayer. Honestly, don't ask me to pray for you because you might not want me to pray what I could possibly pray.

With that said, since I am sharing moments of victory and defeat with you (and I thank God there are a LOT more moments of victory now) I thought I would share this one with you. Now, I think I'm gonna keep the details to myself but I can give you the gist.

There was a barrier or a certain wall or a certain place that I had not gone to since April of 2009 when my life seemingly became unraveled. Now, this is not a physical place, but it is a spiritual/mental/emotional place. I decided that it was finally time to go there.

In going there, I experience the greatest worship service and time with God in public since April. After that happened (it was a Sunday morning) I immediately felt "released" to break another barrier Sunday night - and another Sunday night - and another Monday afternoon - and another Monday night.

Now, I don't know why I couldn't get past that first barrier. I don't know what took so long. But I do know that I'm completely OK with it. God's timing is turning out to the be the best timing of all. I'm not sure that it was God telling me to wait before crossing this barrier or if it was my psychological or emotional restraint, but I do know that there could not have been a better time.

With the rate things are going, it makes me enjoy and appreciate this transition with the utmost appreciation and excitement even. I cannot wait until the day there is another barrier broken - the day I can teach, and preach, and lead again. I know that those come in different categories so understand that I mean behind a pulpit. I feel that like that may be my final barrier of this transition and will start a whole new one.

But for now, and for always, it's just gonna me about me and God and that's it. Things will not change.

Any barriers in your life that you have overcome or need to overcome?

No comments: