Friday, October 2

My Greatest Fear

My greatest fear in life. I guess that's what I'm gonna talk about now. Well, let's see. I can sum it up in one word. It's not spiders, snakes, crocodiles or barracudas. It's not people or public speaking or people disliking me. It's much different from that. It's unseen, it's intangible, it's simple yet complex.

My greatest fear in life is failure.

I greatly admire those who say "I/We will always do things new, different, and try it out. If it works then great, if not, then we'll do something else." I wish I could say that and mean it. I can try new things, but I can't try new things and put my all into it. Because I feel that if I don't give it my all then I have an excuse. I want to put it all out there and then if it does not work then fine, who cares? I tried.

I straight up, 100% think that's Satan in our heads messing with us. There are two way a general would strategize against God. Both involve God's creation - humans. The first thing a general would do is go after God's greatest strength which is His church and His revelation to man. Does that ring any bells to any of those that decide to complain about the corruption of church? And the second is to take away man's potential. See, if we don't reach out potential then we are not a threat to the general and his army. Go for your potential. Give it all you have, go all out (in a calculated way I might add - probably another post some day) and forget your fear of failure.

I'm coming to the conclusion that the way to overcome fear is to to do. I think the greatest failure in life is really not trying.

No comments: