Saturday, October 3

Lost the Plot

I was sitting on a plane recently heading from Iowa back to Colorado (have I mentioned how much I love this state?) and I got the most random song stuck in my head.

I used to be a HUGE Newsboys fan. Breakfast, Take Me to Your Leader, Breathe, and so many more. But one song was not particularly my favorite when I was younger. In fact, I am almost positive I skipped 94.6% of the time on my CD, (maybe even a tape then.) And of course, that was the random song that got stuck in my head. I can't believe I ever remembered the words to it. I had not even listened to the Newsboys since early college years probably.

But the song was stuck in my head nevertheless. I am sure you already figured out the name of that song by the post title. "Lost the Plot."

I think when I was younger I didn't understand the meaning of the song and that's why I didn't like it so much. But in that plane sitting by myself and alone with my own thoughts the song came to me. So I immediately busted out my Zune (way better than iPod in my opinion) and went to Newsboys and found the song.

I think it is really easy for us to forget what it's really all about. I know I did. It became about less about God's love and grace and more about rules, leadership style, church effectiveness, and politics. Sad to say I don't think that only happened in my church. I don't think I was the only pastor or Christian in the world that way. Honestly, people, I don't care who you are or what you do or how you stumbled across this, but bless the socks off of your pastor(s) because he/she/they really need it. It is really easy to lose sight of things when you are in the thick of church problems all day.

Let's not lose the plot. Let's not lose the most essential part of the story. Let's not let life get int the way. Let's make our life fit the plot that we were given. We know the beginning, we know the end, but is your life going to follow the plot intended to be followed?

No comments: