Thursday, July 21

Saturday is Coming...

As I mentioned yesterday, I just got back speaking from a camp last week. Dream come true and I hope it doesn't stop with one experience at Covenant Heights.

One of the things that we talked about was passion and how to keep it coming. Since I knew ahead of time that this would be around a campfire I decided to use the fire as my prop. So I talked about how passion is more than an emotion and we can decide what our passion looks like. Often, at camp, we can use emotions to fuel our passion, but this does not last long. After saying this I poured some lighter fluid on the fire and said this was camp. Then I said, Saturday is coming and it looks like this - and that's when the flame died down quickly.

All week long I said Saturday was coming and unless we started putting logs in our fire, (i.e. Bible reading, prayer, consistency in church/youth group/missions/sharing the Gospel with others/etc) then our flame would die out. I talked about this all week in fact - that Saturday was coming.

Well, my Saturday hit me on Friday night. I experienced a very quick letdown and I even faced what seemed to be this rapid depression over the weekend. Saturday always comes...

Be ready for Saturday. Prepare for Saturday. It always sneaks up on us when we aren't ready...

No comments: