Thursday, April 15

seeking you as a precious zune

If you haven't read yesterday's post make sure you scroll down and read that first so this can make a little more sense to you.

In rewriting a few of these lyrics, let me explain the significance to me anyway.

"You are my strength when I a weak"
God is my strength. In the past I have been beaten down, pushed around, trampled on, and nearly destroyed both emotionally and spiritually. My strengths were stolen and I was left with nothing but weakness. But God was always there for me to lean on. Despite all I've gone through (or what any of you have gone through) God is always there to keep us from completely collapsing. Thank you God for being my strength.

"You are the refuge that I seek"
Similar thought as above. The Bible says that God is our refuge. In the OT certain cities were even set up as refuge cities so that if you needed to get away from accusers, attackers, etc. you could flee to these cities to seek refuge and the city would protect you. God will protect. Crazy thought here - God will protect you even if you are guilty. Welcome to the grace and love that He uses to protect us.

"Seeking You as a precious Zune"
This is the good one. If you aren't familiar a Zune is an mp3 player just like an ipod. I use a Zune because I just kinda like it better. Anyway, weeks ago I lost my Zune and I went CRAZY trying to find it! I searched every inch of my car, every inch of my apartment (except the one inch where I ended up find it a month later.) A few minutes into my search the Holy Spirit "gently" nudged me and reminded of the parable Jesus tells about seeking a treasure. He would do anything to get this treasure. Well, my treasure was my Zune because I listen to music EVERYWHERE that I go. As I frantically went through everything that I own God told me I was to seek Him in the same way.

Now, my desire is to seek God with the same intensity but I'm finding that often times, He doesn't mean as much to me as my Zune did that day.

No comments: