Wednesday, July 2

Truth in Entertainment (Rocky, Rocky!)

Good ol' Rocky. Recently I watched Rocky Balboa (definately not my favorite of the series, but I still love it.) The scene that inspires me so much is when Rocky is giving "the speech" to his son and he tells him "It's not how hard you can hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and get back up!"

This motivates me to be more tenacious in my life. I give up too easy. But, the funny thing is, sometimes I do think we need to quit. We just have to somehow instinctively know when that is. But still, whenever I get hit hard, I wanna get back up. I wanna keep going. I want to move along and continue to pursue my goal. If that goal is happiness/joy (Monday's post), or if it's to shine on (Tuesday), striving to be more like Jesus, trying to improve my character, influencing those around me, or pursuing anything else!

Get back up!

When is a time you were motivated to get back up?

1 comment:

Pastor Potter said...

One of my most difficult times in life was when I was betrayed. I think a lot of people have a hard time getting up from that. I did. I struggled for 2 years with it. When I surrendered it all to Christ, he lifted the burden, allowed me to completely forgive and never look back.